Eyelash extension these days is an absolute must for anyone who cares about their looks. Long, high-volume eyelashes have become not just a symbol of femininity, but also one of the main fashion trends.
One can either choose to learn lash extension craft at home, using specialized literature and videos, or take a professional course. But becoming a guru in the matter of eyelash extension is not easy – it is important to love your job, strive for improvement, be diligent and patient. It is vital not only to be interested in the beauty industry and try to always be "on the crest of the fashion wave", but also not to forget that any aesthetic procedure involves creativity, fresh vision, and flight of imagination.
STALEKS has already given advice to novice lash-masters and shared the secrets of choosing professional tweezers depending on the preferred extension technique. It's time to talk about the procedure itself and what common mistakes there are.
Before you begin, please keep in mind that really beautiful and in the same time natural look can only be achieved with lashes of varying lengths. The lower eyelid lashes are short and thin, and their length is decreasing towards the inner corner of the eye.
Initially the lash-master must decide what eyelash style can emphasize the client's appearance. To visually make the eyes bigger, you can add longer eyelashes closer to the middle of the cilia row. For deep-set eyes, choose lashes of medium length. Long eyelashes are ideal for a more expressive and open look.
Preparation for the extension procedure involves thorough disinfection of hands and working tools, as well as degreasing natural eyelashes. It is necessary to remove the remnants of makeup, and then to apply degreaser to the lashes using a brush. The cleaner are the eyelashes, the better the adhesion is.
It is important to prepare your workplace: keep your pre-disinfected tweezers at hand, ready glue containers and artificial eyelashes. Make sure the chosen type of the professional tweezers is suitable for the selected technique of extension. You will need a special lamp – this is important for both high quality results and your health.
We recommend that the customer is served on a couch. You should be seated by the customer's head. If you are right-handed, place the tools to your right. It is important to stay as comfortable as possible so that you can easily reach the eyelashes and the glue.
- Lower ciliary part is fixed with pad.
- Degreaser is applied to the upper lashes. For oily eyelid skin, it is recommended to apply degreaser around the eyes as well.
- Fixation of artificial eyelashes is carried out from the outer corner of the eye to the inner corner, beginning with 2 or 3 eyelashes from the edge.
- Using the curved tweezers, spread the lashes. Grab the artificial lashes with the straight tweezers. Drag the artificial lash across the glue drop, remove excessive glue.
- Hold the artificial lash next to the natural one. The tip of the artificial lash must be placed to the eye-lash root, all lashes must be attached in parallel.
- Repeat the procedure with the rest of the lashes.
What should I keep in mind?
During the procedure it is important to properly distribute the load on your hands. We recommend to use the client's forehead as the support.
Remember the rule of three "do nots":
- Do not glue one artificial lash to multiple natural ones
- Do not glue the eyelashes to the eyelid skin
- Do not apply too much adhesive
The extension is carried out in turns on the right and left eyelids. The smoother the transition of the eyelash length is, the more natural and beautiful the eyelashes will look.
When the traditional technique is used, one slightly curved artificial lash is added to each natural one – this allows to achieve the most natural look. When working with eyelashes you need to keep an eye on the glue quality. The glue drop should be replaced every 15 minutes. When gluing eyelashes, separate them with a brush every 5 minutes so eyelashes are not stained with excessive glue and do not stick together.
- Gluing synthetic lashes along the entire lash length. The correct approach is to glue the eyelash only at half length – from root to middle.
- Gluing the eyelash to the eyelid skin. It is necessary to observe an interval of 0.5-1 mm, so that there is no feeling of tightness on the skin and the artificial lashes cause no discomfort.
- Gluing the lash too far from the root – if done so, the lash will fall off quickly.
- Sticking a few lashes together. It is one thing when the bundle method is used, but in one-by-one extension this is unacceptable. If the lashes stick together, they will not be able to grow properly, which means that natural eyelashes will fall out more often. After 3-4 weeks the customer will need a correction procedure.
- Excessive use of glue. The desire to fix the lashes securely at all costs can lead to gluing of the natural lashes to each other.
For an outsider extension seems to be is a pretty simple procedure that does not require special skills, but it is not so! This meticulous work requires surgical precision, knowledge, and experience. Of course, a lot also depends on quality materials and convenient tools. By utilizing these, the master can quickly achieve the desired result and make their work easier.
STALEKS PRO helps masters in their demanding work, providing a variety of tweezers for any extension technique. Enjoy your work and discover new possibilities with STALEKS PRO!