User must adhere to instrument sterilization sequence.
MANICURE INSTRUMENTS CLEANING STAGE:
- Presterilizing cleaning
- Do not clean contaminated instruments with running water to prevent dissemination of pathogenic microorganisms with splashes.
- It is recommended to use disinfectants that are efficient against hepatitis B and C viruses, and dermatomyco
- Please adhere to use guidelines for the selected product during instrument disinfection. Failure to adhere to solution preparation and exposure guidelines may result in rusting and degradation of cutting edges. After disinfection instruments must be rinsed with water to wash away disinfectant and dried completely.
- Insufficient cleaning or disinfection of instruments, as well as skipping one of the cleaning stages, affect the efficiency of sterilization greatly, etc.
WHEN CLEANING INSTRUMENTS MANUALLY, IT IS IMPORTANT TO:
- Use personal protection (hair cover, face mask, long rubber gloves, lab coat, liquid-proof apron)
- Apply lubricant (lubricating oil) to hinges, ends, threads and sliding surfaces to prevent corrosion
- Avoid using brass/copper wire brushes, metal sponges for dishes, etc.
Manufacturer recommends not to use glass bead sterilizers. Failure to comply with this recommendation may lead to mechanical damage of instruments and/or insufficient sterilization.
Insufficient cleaning or disinfection of instruments, as well as skipping one of the cleaning stages, affect the efficiency of sterilization greatly.
- During high-temperature sterilization presence of traces of disinfectant or water may cause rusting.
- Do not exceed maximum allowed exposure time or temperature during autoclave or dry-air sterilization. This results in loss of corrosion resistance of steel instruments are made of.
- After autoclave or dry-air sterilization you must leave instruments in the autoclave or drying oven until they cool down completely (at least one hour). Otherwise, due to the sharp temperature drop, steel deteriorates on the molecular level (loss of hardness), and resharpening will be required much more often.
Manufacturer is not liable for any damage to the instrument if disinfection and sterilization guidelines are not adhered to.
Corrosion-resistant qualities of steel are preserved only if all rules and instructions are followed, and only if high-quality products for disinfection and sterilization with proper certification are used.
At every stage of instrument cleaning follow all steps of instructions for the product of choice, as well as manuals for sterilization equipment.
The following statutes and regulations were used to prepare these guidelines:
- Law of Ukraine On Protection of the Public From Contagious Diseases
- Law of Ukraine On Ensuring Sanitary and Epidemiological Welfare of the Public
- State Sanitary Regulations For Hairdressing Salons 2.2.2.022-99;
- State Sanitary Regulations For Disinfection, Presterilizing Cleaning and Sterilization of Medical Equipment in Healthcare Institutions
- Guidelines are provided by state-owned enterprise "Health and Disease Control Service"